Job TitleMechanical Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are " Invented for Life.
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - https://www.bosch.us/careers/. Select the "Find jobs" button and then sort positions by Location to view the Bosch positions posted for Charleston, SC. If you prefer, you may send your resume directly to email@example.com
Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
Paid time off
Competitive pay based on experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Fabrication experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Electronics/Hydraulics Experience or Certifications
- Able to work on alternate shifts during ramp up phase
- Demonstrates discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures
- Must be flexible to cross train in set-up responsibilities due to lean manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with self -managed teams (preferred)
- Demonstrates self initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilizes CIP concepts to improve quality and overall equipment effectiveness
- Performs periodic checks and takes preventive measures to assure the most effective utilization
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Provides maintenance support on cross-functional teams
- Receives and provides proper turnovers of necessary personnel as required
- Analyzes equipment/machine problems, perform repairs and implement corrective actions to ensure root cause is eliminated permanently
- Replaces defective parts such as gears, clutches, bushings, shafts, bearings, solenoids, valves, pumps, direction controls using drawings or old parts to obtain dimensional requirements
- Perform PM on Staubli robot and teach positions as needed
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities