Robert Bosch, LLC - Facilities Technician - 2nd shift
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Facilities Technician - 2nd shift
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are "Invented for Life."
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We drive to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
The candidate will monitor and maintain equipment that produces chilled water, hot water and compressed air along with the associated pumps and motors. The candidate will complete preventative maintenance tasks, record findings and schedule repairs. The candidate will also use basic troubleshooting skills to diagnose issues with equipment such as; electric motors, water pumps, air compressors, HVAC equipment diesel engines, fire suppression systems. The candidate must possess strong mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic controls, and HVAC education, experience, troubleshooting, and repair skills. In addition, the candidate must possess the ability to read and interpret blue prints, technical manuals and electrical drawings to aid in the preservation of chillers, boilers, air compressors, emergency generators and fire pumps. The candidate must communicate well orally and in writing and be computer literate. The candidate must be able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Monitor Central utilities system in the power house and throughout the plant.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment so that the production of chilled water, hot water and compressed air are distributed effectively, efficiently and reliable.
- Assist in maintaining fire sprinkler systems.
- Monitor HVAC systems to ensure proper temperature and humidity is maintained in production areas.
- Troubleshoot issues with any of the central utilities, including HVAC systems, and develop solutions to maintain the required environmental conditions of the plant.
- Perform repairs, and rigging when required, on mechanical systems, i.e. pumps, valves and piping.
- Daily monitoring of utility usage and monthly reporting of utility consumptions.
- Identifying improvement opportunities for processes and / or equipment.
- Participate in development and achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Capable of troubleshooting and analyzing the causes of failures and make needed repairs.
- Investigate and solve facility related issues using standard problem solving methods.
- Must be conscious of all safety requirements while working and performing tasks.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Utility systems, and be capable of troubleshooting, analyzing causes of failures and assist to make quick repairs followed by permanent corrective actions.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as an industrial mechanic or electrician.
- Must be able to read and interpret all types of drawings, equipment manuals, and safety codes.
- Must have excellent knowledge in the use of PCs and microprocessor-based control systems.
- Must possess a HS education.
- Must be able to read/ interpret blue prints and technical manuals, communicate well orally and in writing, be computer literate, willing to work shifts, and work well in a team environment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of hand tool use and safety procedures.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**