Vehicle Repair Technician
Job TitleVehicle Repair Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Vehicle Repair Technician
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group’s many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in North Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van production plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing assembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan is “Vans. Born to Run.” and we invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
• Perform maintenance and repairs on vans. Responsible for removing, installing, diagnosing, repairing, disassembling and assembling parts, components and engines
• Assemble all units according to drawings, sketches, or written directions. Must perform the assembly of the following systems according to the functional plan:
- Mechanical and chassis components
- Hydraulic system installation
- Electrical system installation
• Carry out functional tests, and ensure the assembly meets quality parameters
• Analyze technical and procedure problems. Make proposals to support the design, development, and planning in achieving the implementation of optimization
• Perform failure analysis and repair of complete vehicles
• Collect and prepare core data relating to productivity, capacity, and deficiency. Record deviations, propose remedial measures, and participate in their implementation
• Carry out training measures
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Program
• High School Diploma or GED preferred
• 3+ years relevant experience preferred
• ASE certifications (below) OR equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• All rework technician team members are required to maintain the qualifications set out in the reworker program, including the ASE certifications
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing operations. In July 2016, MBV officially broke ground on the site of its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Training will be at no charge to trainees.
Successful completion of the training program carries no obligation to accept any offer of employment, nor is an offer guaranteed.