Volvo Car - Maintenance Technician Specialist
Job TitleVolvo Car - Maintenance Technician Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Maintenance Technician Specialist
Start your new career as a Maintenance Technician Specialist at Volvo. The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Proven experience and technical knowledge in highly-automated manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry
- 5 or more years of experience and technical knowledge in the area of maintenance of equipment, either electrical or mechanical knowledge
- Basic hand/power tool familiarity
- Preferred experience in production
- The ability to read and interpret manufacturing specifications or work instructions
- Strong attention to detail
- Availability to work any shift (weekends, holidays and overtime)
- Continuously works to protect and enhance Volvo Car’s reputation
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities with the utmost integrity and consistent with the highest ethical standards
- Good communication skills and positive mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work while bending, squatting or kneeling
- Must be able to legally work in the US without sponsorship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Great company to work for
What You’ll Do As A Maintenance Technician Specialist:
- Loyal and active co-operation with colleagues, executers and workgroups. He/she participates in the object or/and area network
- Provide technical guidance towards technicians and operator maintenance and execution, leading of actions
- Dedicated, systematic and planned work, with the required flexibility to cope with sudden needs
- Assist the maintenance engineer in evaluating and updating the maintenance program (preventive and corrective)
- Assist the maintenance engineer in analyzing and improvement of maintenance cost
- Take initiative and participate actively in disturbance analysis, in order to identify root causes and suitable permanent solutions and work according 6 sigma methodologies
- Provide feedback to the manufacturing development process, to assure the reliability and maintainability of new equipment
- Create improvement proposals and execute tasks resulting from improvement proposals
- Execution of administrative tasks in function of the technical maintenance function (Bill Of Material, spare parts list, maintenance program, …)
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Maintenance Technician Specialist position.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Grouphttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.