Job TitleWeld Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with our client in Spartanburg, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Weld Technician, you will develop and modify existing programs on robotic welding equipment, automatic, and semi-automatic welding systems. This technician will be responsible for coordinating production along with shift pass down and equipment status.
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Health benefits
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance or similar field
- 2-5 years of experience in an automated or robotic welding environment preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in general production maintenance including craft skills
- (i.e., mechanical, electrical, welding, fabrication, and machining) to install, fabricate, troubleshoot, repair, move, and maintain a wide variety of production and related equipment, facilities equipment, buildings, and systems at journeyman level
- Must provide hand tools and tool box
- Must have valid Forklift Operator’s license or pass required training
- Certification in electronics, electrical, HVAC, machining, and mechanical theory
- Must have strong industrial maintenance background
- Strong oral and written communication, excellent computer skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements, and attention to detail are essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate, is required to stand for extended periods of time without sitting as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting or crawling
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- This position may require travel
- Develops and modifies welding parameters and robot programs within defined process parameters
- Works with engineering and manufacturing to set-up new equipment or movement and re-install existing equipment
- Performs repairs, and preventive maintenance to the robots, welding equipment, and tooling as required, and works together with other technical specialists to keep the equipment properly maintained
- Responsible to maintain equipment to OSHA and client’s standards
- Assist with verifying the quality of the welds by performing cut-ups and etches as defined by the Quality Control Department
- Works with the production department on making the daily production schedule
- Makes recommendations to continuously improve client’s processes and equipment
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply