Volvo Car - Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Job TitleVolvo Car - Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Multi-Craft Maintenance Techician
Jumpstart your career with Volvo Car in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for executing maintenance tasks, which require an in-depth technical knowledge of automated equipment. The technician will troubleshoot and repair complex equipment breakdowns involving mechanical and electrical aspects of machinery, analyze failures or equipment technical loss causes, and make or suggest improvements as needed.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology, Mechatronics, Electrical and Instrumental, Electro-Mechanical, Automated Manufacturing Technology, or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 2 years of relevant experience also accepted
- Experience in production (preferred)
- Proven experience and technical knowledge in highly-automated manufacturing environment, preferably in the automotive industry
- Proficient in both electrical and mechanical knowledge and skill set
- Basic hand / power tool familiarity
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing specifications or work instructions
- Knowledge of and experience in industrial electricity, mechanics, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics in a manufacturing environment
- Experience changing out bearing and motors (preferred)
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (i.e. SAP or Maximo)
- PLC and Siemens system education and/or experience (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and program PLCs
- Robotics (ABB, DURR) experience (preferred)
- Pumping system maintenance experience (preferred)
- Conveyor system maintenance experience (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient teamwork orientation with ability to work independently
- Ability to work any shift (weekends, holidays and overtime)
- Must be able to work up to 12 hour shifts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb ladders and stairs
- Perform all maintenance activities related to his/her assigned action area, including planned tasks regarding predictive and preventive maintenance
- Apply problem solving skills to reduce the consequences of failure
- Take initiative and participate actively in problem analysis, identification of root causes and suitable permanent solutions
- Create improvement proposals and execute tasks resulting from improvement proposals
- Complete administrative tasks using the Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Support operators by providing training
- Be responsible for applying her/his maintenance experience and competence
- Be responsible for the timely and qualitative execution of maintenance tasks
- Be responsible for active participation in troubleshooting
- Ensure compliance with appropriate safety policies and procedures
- Perform duties as assigned
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Grouphttps://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening. This position does not offer sponsorship Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply