Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleOperations Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Operations Manager is responsible for supervision of the Assistant Operations Manager, all drivers and yard personnel. The Operations Manager is responsible for all company-owned equipment to ensure safe operation and all maintenance requirements are met. The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring all orders are delivered accurately and timely and that all operations on the yard are conducted safely.
- Schedule and coordinate all deliveries.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations in order to meet transportation, operations, or delivery goals.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, and other personnel to exchange information and to resolve problems.
- Review order sheets to determine work sequences, materials required, ship date/time, equipment required and destinations.
- Monitor field work to ensure that it is being performed properly and that materials are being delivered/placed timely and as per instructions.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve worker motivation, equipment performance, work methods, and customer service.
- Maintain or verify records of time, materials, expenditures, and driver and other staff activities.
- Insure compliance with OSHA, state and federal DOT and other governmental agencies as required.
- Interpret safety regulations, company policies, and procedures for workers.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained on order sheets.
- Inspect equipment for required maintenance, safety compliance, and safe operation.
- Resolve worker problems, or collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Evaluate employee performance, and prepare performance appraisals.
- Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics such as safety.
- Participate in the hiring process by reviewing credentials, conducting interviews, and / or making hiring decisions or recommendations.
- Serve as back-up to Assistant Operations Manager in areas of inbound inventory receiving process, yard maintenance, pulling of smaller stock items, supervision of Drive-Thru Lead Man and other Drive-Thru personnel
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 5 years experience managing or supervising transpiration and logistics, distribution, or warehouse operations
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and federal and state motor vehicle rules
- Forklift operator certification
- Occasionally lift up to 80 pounds
- Use distance vision (clear vision at distances < 20 feet)
- Use hands to write and operate office equipment and machinery.
- Coursework in business or transpiration
- 10+ years experience managing or supervising transpiration and logistics, distribution, or warehouse operations
- Class A, CDL Driver's License
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities