Quality Assurance Manager
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleQuality Assurance Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Quality Manager will manage the quality function to contribute to the organization through customer satisfaction, reduction of internal scrap through defect prevention and root cause elimination and continuation of ISO certification..
- Manages a site-wide, multi-product quality program, through both direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Ensures quality product for inbound raw materials, WIP and outbound finished goods.
- Develops and implements quality plans to ensure conformity of purchased material, manufactured parts and final products to quality standards.
- Revises and updates the quality manual to incorporate changes and enhancements.
- Develops and maintains all quality systems such as SPC, gauge calibration, quality notifications, corrective actions, product performance inquiries, internal auditing, and first article inspection.
- Meets with vendors, customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and resolve quality problems as required.
- Develops and implements corrective actions for quality problems.
- Prepares for and represents the Company in all internal and external audits.
- Prepares all necessary reports as required by customers and staff personnel.
- Controls department expenses to budgetary standards.
- Investigates and responds to customer complaints.
- Participates in the supplier qualification process.
- Makes shared decisions and recommendations concerning quality.
- Makes final decisions concerning accepting/rejecting incoming material.
- Gives final approval of operating expenditures up to corporate guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Engineering degree preferred.
- Prior quality experience in a high paced manufacturing setting (5-Year Minimum); management experience in this environment preferred.
- Must have proficient knowledge of ISO standards; Program implementation experience preferred.
- Must be a very hands-on leader.
- Must be able to travel on a limited basis.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the have the ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
- SAP quality module experience preferred.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Relocation assistance provided
- Opportunity for advancement
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities