Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleQuality Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position gives direction to the quality systems and engineering function. This position provides leadership, mentoring, evaluation and development of quality engineers, supervisor, and specialists along with in-direct support to the inspection team. In addition the Quality Manager will facilitate problem solving, ensure coordination and communication of corrective and preventive actions, and assist in system development and maintenance. The Quality Manager will also provide means of escalation in support of customer satisfaction, corrective action and quality leading indicator initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent will encourage and support employee participation at all levels in the resolution of product quality problems, implement employee recognition, and promote positive company-oriented attitudes towards quality assurance and reliability of company products.
- Develop, implement and monitor performance against short and long-range plans to achieve quality engineering and quality system objectives.
- Ensure the sustainment of company Quality Best Practices.
- Drive the quality culture and closely monitor quality leading indicators.
- Manage PPAP Council along with Quality Council executing process improvement and Poka Yoke.
- Identify needs, and develop the quality engineering function and quality systems
- Develop or modify quality procedures, metrics and processes to achieve quality and delivery goals.
- Provide direction to ensure compliance with all applicable customer requirements and government regulations involving product quality.
- Select and develop competent quality engineers, other direct reports and in plant auditors to ensure quality goals are achieved.
- Drive corrective action and preventive action for timely and effective completion.
- Assist as required in all technical qualify functions as necessary.
- Assure effective communication and reporting to customers
- Assure compliance with control phase of quality systems and initiatives such as internal auditing, statistical process control and testing.
- Provide support and leadership to Quality Engineering in new product development.
- Support the development and utilization of quality feedback tools to implement "lessons learned".
- Support the achievement of Cost of Quality, goals as identified by the Plant Manager, Regional Quality Manager and Quality Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years in Quality in a plant-manufacturing environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a quality supervision or management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Certified Quality Management, Master Degree, Black Belt and strong GD&T preferred.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Opportunity for advancement
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities