Automotive Spray Painter
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleAutomotive Spray Painter
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Automotive Spray Painter
Jumpstart your career with MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, South Carolina, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Automotive Spray Painter, you will be responsible ensuring corrosion protection and topcoat application to the body. The Body is cleaned, conditioned, and coated for protection. A primer coating is applied to create consistency in the surface prior to paint and topcoat is applied robotically to complete the final appearance of the body. Seams of PVC sealant and cavity wax are applied for additional rust protection.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Multiple shifts available
- 4th - 12 hour shift model, 4 days on then 4 days off
- Relocation Assistance
- Direct hire opportunity
- Opportunity for advancement
- OR Relevant certificate with 3 years relevant experience
- OR Relevant associate’s degree with 1 year relevant experience
- 5+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience
- OR Relevant assoc. degree + 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to stand, use hands, arms to finger, and reach for long periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull, squat or bend and turn repeatedly
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing over 35lbs
- Must be able to use close vision, color vision, and depth perception for extended periods
- Retrieve and provide material, workpieces, tools, work documents, device parts, auxiliary materials, etc. according to the specified min/max stock. Arrange for disposal/treatment
- Prep cars and car bodies for paint process
- Mask/unmask parts and car bodies and areas to be coated
- Spray wax for cavity preservation
- Perform visual inspection for completeness and proper execution of standard and record defects into the quality reporting system
- Seal interior and exterior seams
- Spray or lay out PVC protection and sika, taking into account the required surface quality on the visible parts of the shell
- Monitor and control coating/painting processes
- Set order sequence
- Analyze end-of-process items, and adjust the coating process accordingly
- Monitor production flow and buffer levels
- Coordinate with upstream/downstream areas
- Propose corrective measures for bottleneck situations, and coordinate with the foreman if necessary
- Accumulate manufacturing data and evaluate
- Analyze system errors, if necessary by the use of diagnostic systems. Identify vulnerabilities in advance
- Carry out spot repairs (partial surface repair/coating)
- Act as the final coatings/paint quality point, and conduct repair work so the product will be released to the customer
- Refinish seam seals for finished painted vehicles
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Program
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply