Group Leader - Paint Shop
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleGroup Leader - Paint Shop
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Group Leader – Paint (E-Coat)
Jump-start your career with MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, South Carolina, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Group Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety, productivity, training, morale, and security of Paint E-Coat and Pre-treatment Production Team. You will also monitor production, provide technical support for E-Coat and Pre-treatment lines, and meet established production and quality targets. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Competitive pay
- Health Benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- Relocation Assistance
- Direct-hire opportunity
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Automotive Paint Supervisory experience (preferred)
- Solid knowledge, experience and understanding of E-Coat and Pre-treatment processes
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- 1st shift position, but must be able to support off-shifts on occasion
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Computer skills essential, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Understands and applies "root cause analysis"
- Act as the technical and disciplinary lead of the group
- Oversee, organize, and coordinate all work content of the group for 3 shifts
- Act as expert of E-Coating and Pre-treatment processes for Operations team
- Identify trouble areas and resolve issues
- Assume ownership and accountability for personnel management
- Responsible for evaluations/reviews, coaching, counselling, resource planning and team building
- Coordinate schedules and workflow for the team
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply