Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleOperations Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring site wide operations are performing at agreed upon service levels and driving continual improvement in safety, logistics, operations and internal support processes.
- Customer Service
- Serve as the key point of contact with the customer’s Business Unit Leaders.
- Ensure that MAU is in compliance with site specific policies and regulations.
- Ensure all Operations Supervisors are meeting performance expectations and are compliant with Leaders Standard Work.
- Ensure that department specific metrics are meeting target.
- Safety Focus:
- Support and foster a safety culture that is engaged and focused on achieving "Zero Incidents".
- CIP of safety process and training documents.
- Assist in driving improvement and modification of training material, standard work, and other documents to help standardize processes and keep employees safe
- Communication Proficiency
- 4 Operations Supervisors
- Interface between customer leadership and MAU leadership.
- Provide resources for both short and long term special projects.
- Evaluate project performance for process improvement recommendations.
- Attend specific departmental meetings as required.
Required Competencies for all MAU Staff
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five to seven years of experience of management in a manufacturing environment
- Leading teams, hazard identification, spoken and written communications and presentation skills
- Inventory control systems experience, 1-3 years preferred
- SAP Transactional Experience, 1-3 years preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
- Lean / Six Sigma Manufacturing Experience
- Human resources experience and training
- Microsoft Office proficiency, customer service, proven ability to solve problems and motivate others
Career Path Progression from this position
- Site Manager or General Manager
- Other Corporate Support Functions
Work Environment or Working Conditions
The working conditions and environments that are created by our customer’s facilities both in administrative areas and manufacturing environments. Working conditions will typically be manufacturing or warehouse settings that may include process manufacturing equipment and heavy power industrial vehicles. Environments may vary from non-air conditioned (hot/cold) environments to working in non-climate controlled areas.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Ability to sit at desk for several hours.
- Ability to lift 5- 20lbs periodically and 50lbs on occasion
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.