Leadership Development Manager
Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleLeadership Development Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company that since 1973 has provided global staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions dedicated to making people’s lives better. World class companies across the globe utilize MAU’s customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions.
Support existing Manufacturing Services and Outsource locations that have MAU Staff supporting the project. Lead and develop team members and ensure that MAU deliverables are met as required by location. Drive new organic business through customer engagement and detailed gemba schedules.
- Competitive pay
- Great work environment
- Optional Healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Paid Holidays after 560 work hours, and Paid Vacation after 90 days
- 401K and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years of Human Resources, Finance, Warehouse, or Production Management experience
- Lean Greenbelt experience
- Experience in budgeting and establishing new business goals
- Proficient presentation, collaboration and communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent customer/client focus
- Strong technical capacity
- Proficient organizational and time management skills
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking skills
- Strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Proficient problem solving/analysis skills and teamwork orientation
- Excellent business acumen and financial management
- Must be thorough and results driven
- Innate ability to take initiative and be a continuous improvement leader
- Ability to identify workplace hazards
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to tour manufacturing facilities
- This position requires up to 50 – 75% travel
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Track budget expenses and financial targets monthly.
- Develop leadership to ensure bench strength
- Expand business through organic growth and engagement of new opportunities
- Ensure business deliverable are achieved through Gemba walks and leader checking.
- Mentor direct reports on process improvement opportunities
- Engage in contract pricing and organizational team development.
- Live safety by identifying hazards, correcting harmful conditions, and improving MAU’s safety culture at defined customer locations
- Tactical Responsibilities
- Interact with recruiting leadership on a daily basis to understand staffing needs and targeted deadlines
- Review and approve containment actions to achieve desired time to fill
- Ensure that on-boarding and training is accurate and represents reality
- Actively mentor/coach a safe work culture through employee engagement, BBS observations, and participation in site safety events. Hold personnel accountable for work behavior
- Lead incident investigations and ensure that required information is distributed properly, employee case management techniques are followed, and corrective actions are communicated
- Lead other required personnel investigations while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Prepare site leaders for how to handle difficult circumstances through scenario training
- Ensure that all MAU Personal Conduct Rules are maintained
- Ensure that policies are consistently administered and at the correct cadence
- Ensure that key responsibilities of direct reports are clear and that activities are checked for compliance
- Perform safety audits and engage in the safety culture through BBS observations and Planned Inspections
- Check the health of associate engagement programs to sustain high morale and reduce turnover
- Actively participate in customer KPI meetings
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are being followed
- Identify areas of workforce improvement and initiate corrective actions to address these areas
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Leadership Development Manager job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply