Job CategoryProf-Operations Management
Job TitleTransportation Specialist
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
SUMMARY: Jumpstart your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Transportation Specialist, you will help develop inbound transportation schedule. You will ensure that invoices have been filled and that contracted services provider(s) support the direction of the company by collecting data and performing audits.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Great Hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Associate’s Degree in Transportation, Business, Computer Science or in a technical area
- Equivalent of 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing logistics function may replace the education requirement
- 2+ years of transportation related experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- NAFTA and overseas shipping containers experience
- SAP experience (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient communication skills, written and oral
- Coordinates development of NAFTA inbound transportation schedule with Material Planning and service provider(s). Monitors service provider performance against the NAFTA Schedule.
- Channel any requirements related to contracts to the Transportation Purchasing Department
- Investigates the feasibility of proposals by the process partners for optimizing the NAFTA schedules
- Conducts scheduled review boards with the service provider(s) for JIT/JIS transportation
- Accountability of invoice verification and sign-off
- Calculates and reports on Inbound SKD transportation budget
- Performs audits (internal/external) regarding service provider performance
- Leads and participates in projects associated with assigned area of responsibility
- Bill back of non-standard transportation costs to parties at fault
- Collect and report data for monthly, quarterly, and annual evaluations of the contracted service provider(s)
- Ensures the contracted service provider(s) objectives support the direction of the company
- Provides point of contact for packing plant-relevant inquiries regarding outbound sea freight
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply