Vision Systems Field Technician
Job TitleVision Systems Field Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Vision Systems Technician
Start your new career as a Vision Systems Technician with our client in Troy, MI.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field or applicable experience (Engineering or IT)
- Experience in machine vision systems, preferably for automotive body gauging
- Experience in PLC based controls systems and/or robotics a plus
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Independently motivated and able to make sound decisions based on both engineering fundamentals as well as the right decision for a particular set of conditions.
- Effectiveness in a factory environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to the customer, production management personnel and factory floor
- High level of proficiency of troubleshooting PC hardware, networks and data storage applications
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Database management experience is a plus
- Install, configure, service, and support automated vision systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Work with Project Managers and be accountable for delivering systems that perform to specification, within budget and on time.
- Track technical and service issues and ensure all inquiries and issues are resolved completely, quickly and efficiently.
- Generate detailed trip reports summarizing service visits to customer sites.
- Coordinate with Management and other internal operational groups and external customers, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of service and training activities.
- Serve as installation site manager, coordinating internal, external and customer resources to accomplish project goals.
- Able to travel nights, weekends, and holidays if and when necessary including responding to emergency service calls
- Ensure that all company and customer established procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with Management to identify and implement process and methods improvements that increase the efficiency and contribution of the service and training operations.
- Training of factory floor personnel during installations
- Special projects or other duties may be assigned, depending on customer or business development needs
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Availability to work 55 hours per week, some weekends and overtime required
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.