Expansion Projects Manager
Job TitleExpansion Projects Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expansion Projects Manager
Expand your professional portfolio as an Expansion Projects Manager with Enviva in Raleigh, NC. As the Expansion Projects Manager, you will work directly with the VP, Expansion Projects to lead a cross-disciplinary team through the evaluation, design and execution of several capital projects that will expand the production at existing Enviva plants. This is a Direct hire opportunity.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Undergraduate discipline demonstrating strong quantitative skills (e.g., engineering, economics or finance) (preferred)
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant business experience
- Previous experience with financial analysis, corporate development, or strategy consulting (preferred)
- Relevant industry experience in energy, wood products, or commodity logistics infrastructure
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change within a growing company
- Analytical, process and results oriented with strong focus on orderliness, structure, and planning
- Strong attention to detail and strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Lead due diligence activities and financial analysis on expansion projects including coordination with third-party providers and internal stakeholders;
- Synthesize results into presentations and reports for executive management
- Coordinate project development activities including permitting, engineering, utilities, and government incentives;
- Manage timelines, schedules and action registers
- Support commercial negotiations with key stakeholders including equipment vendors, logistics providers, and engineering and construction services
- Lead initiatives to "deep dive" into critical project decisions and develop analytical framework that will drive decision making process
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply