Robert Bosch, LLC - Sr. Lean Manufacturing Specialist
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Sr. Lean Manufacturing Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC – Sr. Lean Manufacturing Specialist– Charleston, SC
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. The company employs approximately 375,000 associates worldwide (as of Dec. 31, 2015) and generated sales of $78.3 billion in 2015. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 440 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing and sales network is the foundation for further growth.
In 2015, the Bosch Group invested some $7.5 billion in research and development, and operated 118 engineering sites worldwide. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life.”
At the Charleston, SC facility, the Bosch plant has manufactured high quality automotive products for more than 40 years. With a history steeped in innovation, the plant specializes in advanced products, such as antilock braking systems, gasoline fuel injectors, and diesel fuel injectors. We pride ourselves as a non-union plant and promote a team oriented environment. The facility is equipped with state of the art automated production equipment and technology.
Work as part of a team of Bosch Production System (BPS) Lean Manufacturing Subject Matter Experts to develop, teach and continuously improve training packages for a variety of target audiences across the North American organization. Support North American facilities in lean manufacturing, supply chain management and administrative optimization implementation. Provide leadership and technical skills (e.g., production system design) within cross-functional project teams involving the entire value stream. Mentor Value Stream Leaders in all business units.
- Provide instruction on Lean topics including Lean Basics, Value Stream Design, Lean Logistics Basics (incl. Pull and Leveling), Standardized Work, and various Bosch courses:
- Working According to Standards, Pull and Leveling, and Shop Floor Management Cycle.
- Coach and Leading Lean Implementation in plants throughout North America.
- Develop and roll out Lean-related training packages as needed.
- Continuously improve training packages.
- Coordinate facilities and attendees for training.
- Coach/mentor teams in Lean Expert Training.
- Facilitate workshops related to Lean implementation such as Value Stream Design (production and administrative), Lean Line Design, Leveling, Pull Systems, and Standardized Work.
- Support improvement workshops for manufacturing operations, logistics, and planning.
- Coordinate with global Bosch central departments with respect to training packages, rollout of global standards, and assessment criteria.
- Provide support for Lean metrics tracking (visual management), auditing, and assessment processes.
- B.S. Degree required, B.S. Degree in Engineering preferred
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- 3+ years lean manufacturing implementation experience
- Training development and delivery experience at all levels of the organization, including the ability to share practical examples/solutions during classes
- Demonstrate systems thinking and an ability to apply Lean principles in the workplace
- Demonstrate change management skills and the ability to lead conversions from traditional production principles to lean
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel at least 70%, mostly Mon-Fri, Spanish Language preferred.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link -http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**