Mercedes-Benz Vans - Building Management Systems & Energy Management Specialist
Job TitleMercedes-Benz Vans - Building Management Systems & Energy Management Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Mercedes - Benz Vans - Building Management Systems & Energy Management Specialist
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AG’s many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is “Vans. Born to Run.” We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Plan, control, improve and maintain the plant-wide Building-Management-System and Energy Data System. Develop and execute energy efficiency projects within a continuous improvement process.
- Control and optimize plant-wide Building-Management-System (BMS).
- Plan and develop the plant’s BMS and energy monitoring devices
- Implement and maintain Energy Management System
- Derive Key Performance Indicators from Energy Data System
- Develop and execute continuous improvement process for energy consumption
- Analyze existing BMS design and implementation
- Plan and introduce measures to fulfill/meet information requirements of the organization
- Develop long term plan for improvement and maintenance of an interconnected system
- Participate in cross-functional projects within the project team
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Manages projects in their own field of work, coordinates on-site suppliers
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related area with 5 plus years of experience.
- Handling of complex System structures.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex systems tests.
- Solid understanding of BMS-Software Systems.
- Good coordination skills, detail-oriented and analytical work approach.
- ISO 50001 knowledge.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is part of the division Mercedes-Benz Vans of Daimler AG, Germany. It is a plant in South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner, with headquarters in Charleston, SC. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
Mercedes-Benz Vans announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing assembly operations. The new facility will be also located in Charleston, and will provide up to 1,300 jobs.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities