Process Improvement Technician
Job TitleProcess Improvement Technician
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Jumpstart your career with MAU at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Ladson, South Carolina, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Process Improvement Technician, you will be responsible for determining process improvement opportunities and implement improvements to the Paint Shop area to increase quality, increase output and reduce cycle times while maintaining or improving safety. This is a short-term assignment with the possibility to be hired on by the client.
- Competitive pay
- Retention bonus available to contractors that complete the project
- Health Benefits
- This is a short-term assignment with the possibility to be hired on by client
- High School Diploma
- Technical degree or certification (preferred)
- Experience in manufacturing
- Experience in automotive industry or with paint (preferred)
- Experience in
- Lean manufacturing or implementing improvements
- Knowledge of 5S or 6S (preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Collect accurate cycle time data
- Observe production activities and identify waste activities and work methods
- Collaborate with associates, mechanics, engineers, etc. to determine improvements
- Determine best locations for hand tools and other work instruments
- Create Standardized Work documentation for employees
- Implement lessons learned from previous improvement ideas
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of Daimler AGs many success stories. Behind Mercedes-Benz and our several other automotive brands are more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice Daimler’s core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day to accomplish our vision. As the inventor of the automobile, we believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van assembly plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing reassembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan at Mercedes-Benz is "Vans. Born to Run." We invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply