Robert Bosch, LLC - Technical Training Group Leader
Job TitleRobert Bosch, LLC - Technical Training Group Leader
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are “Invented for Life.”
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- This position is within the HR department but works closely with production leadership to ensure delivery of relevant training and validated assessment of skilled associates. This role will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to identify training needs, assess training gaps and develop solutions to deliver needs through the training program. The ideal candidate for this position will have expertise in designing and delivering training to a technical (electrical and mechanical) audience.
- The Technical Training Group Leader owns the Bosch Charleston Technical Training Program and is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating effectiveness of technical training programs for hourly associates at the Charleston plant.
- This position will lead the team that manages: 1) adult and youth apprenticeship programs 2) upgrade training for incumbent skilled workforce and 3) new hire skilled trainee training. 4) General plant training
- Act as FLM/GL to skilled trainees and apprentices who reside in the HRL cost center.
- Tactical Work Expectations
- Execute routine and periodic technical training sessions for mechatronics
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and leadership in content generation
- Ensure trainers are trained and effective in delivering content
- Coach and develop technical trainers
- Act as strategic partner with Trident Technical College in scheduling of courses at TTC and on-site
- Maintain network of SME's (provide content and deliver training as shop floor coaches)
- Ensure testing and screening is validated and current with compliance requirements
- Bosch Charleston lead for STEM outreach in the community
- Collaborate with other HRL functions (staffing, associate relations, etc.)
- Develop and maintain network with other regional technical colleges
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Education, Engineering, Science or Technical related field is preferred.
- Direct work experience in developing and delivering training across an organization
- Experience in the field of mechatronics (mechanical, electrical, controls)
- Proven project management success
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theory
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Preferred Requirements
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources)
- SHRM-SCP (Society of Human Resources Management -Senior Certified Professional)
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - http://www.bosch.com/en/com/career/apply/apply-now.html. Navigate to positions in the USA, then sort the list of positions by City to find all positions posted for Charleston, SC.**