Director of IT
LocationGoose Creek, SC
Job TitleDirector of IT
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with MAU’s client in Goose Creek, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. The Director of Information Technology is responsible for planning the information technology future for the organization, as well as for the implementation and maintenance of current systems in a secure and protected manner. She/he also must ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company’s computer systems and networks. The Director of IT maximizes the effectiveness of technology, data, processing and reporting. The essence of the role is technology leadership, innovation and an ability to liaise between the business and the technology required to meet the businesses goals. The Director of IT must be able to rally the troops around the technology plan and path for the company, especially when new training is needed for upgrades and system changes.
- Health benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business management
- MBA or master’s degree in related field (preferred)
- An equivalent combination of experience and education also accepted
- 5+ years of experience managing an information systems department in a medium or large size firm
- International business leadership experience
- Strong relationship building experience
- Outstanding technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient teamwork orientation with ability to work independently
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer based information systems to ensure users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements. Users include both internal and external customers
- Defines user information requirements by conferring with users and analyzing functions. Recommends appropriate computer-based business solutions. Plans system applications and assigns staff to develop, test and complete business programs. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains technical specifications and related documentation to secure procedures and prevent system failure. Responsible for company's disaster recovery plan/business continuity plan and security strategy & plan.
- Researches and makes recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Improves existing software programs and develops new applications to meet future business needs
- Ensures hardware and software is maintained and data is secured through proper back-ups and staff training
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively
- Liaises between members of the leadership team and subordinates
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance by maintaining acute awareness of market and industry trends
- Serves as a member of the Executive Management Team (EMT)
- Makes presentations and recommendations to the Board of Directors, as necessary
- Completes quarterly Board of Directors Report
- Attends weekly Go Forward meeting comprised of EMT members
- Participates in and conducts One-on-One Meeting’s as part of the communication and performance feedback process
- Participates in and works the annual warehouse sale
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply