LocationGoose Creek, SC
Job TitleReceiving Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The Receiving Supervisor actively supervises and coordinates workers engaged in receiving and distribution services activities, such as, but not limited to: unloading, forklift, stocking shelves, computer processing, cross-training, record keeping, safety, inventory accuracy, housekeeping and interdepartmental requests. Receiving Supervisor will cross train in shipping department learning shipping supervisory essential functions.
- Receiving Supervisory Accountability
- Assists Director of Distribution by identifying work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Trains on all material handling equipment, procedures, policies and safety equipment.
- Responsible for safe operations of direct reports on material handling equipment and unload operations.
- Analyzes and suggests ideas on how items are received, slip sheets, bundles.
- Review and update slip sheet dimensions and stack quantities on a quarterly basis.
- Resolve discrepancies between receipts and goods, such as delays, condition, weight, quality, etc.
- Maintain inventory of incoming, stored, as well as current space available.
- Manage verification, acceptance, counting, and records of all incoming goods and their condition.
- Update compliance policies around weight, quality, and timelines receiving.
- Assures that all employees are actively performing their functions in a timely manner.
- Delegates responsibilities to receiving personnel
- Makes appropriate work assignments to personnel and establishes a contingency plan when personnel are absent.
- Gives instructions in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Instructs personnel on performance of specific tasks when required.
- Investigates and gathers information from multiple sources to resolve problems.
- Participates in the hiring and training process of new personnel.
- Attends daily Operational Meetings
- Maintains key measurements
- Must follow up on all assigned task and employees daily
- Sets and monitors goals through planned monthly meetings
- Organizes and participates in monthly department meetings
- Cross training in Shipping learning supervisory activities
- Cross train in other areas of operations as requested
- Adheres to company values, policies and operating policies and procedures
- Must work the annual Warehouse Sale
- Ensures employees are compliant with OSHA required safety training
- Participates in and attends other training as necessary
- Attends scheduled company meetings
- Participates in One-on-One meetings with Supervisor / Manager as a means of ensuring open lines of communication and ongoing performance feedback is provided.
- Conducts One-on-One meetings with direct reports including outside help from Temp agencies
- Keeps an honest and open line of communication with Transportation/Receiving Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of related experience
- Computer literate
- Supervisory experience
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Strong communication skills to interface with personnel at all levels in all department.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities