Job TitleChipper Operator
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva Greenwood, SC and expand your professional portfolio. As the Chipper Operator, you will be perform and document required inspections of equipment and maintain equipment in good condition. This position will also analyze equipment performance and make necessary tooling and equipment changes to produce desired throughput and quality results.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Heavy industrial/manufacturing experience
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Develop and maintain accurate written records
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement
- Strong leadership abilities as demonstrated with past work experience or activities.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and design software
- Strong leadership skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Ability to work 2nd Shift
- Follow all workplace and job safety procedures
- Perform and document required inspections of equipment and maintain equipment in good condition
- Develop and maintain operational records from inspections
- Confirm all reporting accurately completed as required
- Communicate operational information as required
- Enter maintenance work requests as applicable
- Perform/coordinate maintenance on equipment per job instructions
- Perform/coordinate housekeeping to maintain to required standard
- Escalate issues promptly for proper resolution
- Perform other duties as required and serve as a back-up resource as needed
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply