Assistant Product Manager-Clean Room
Job TitleAssistant Product Manager-Clean Room
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Assistant Product Manager-Clean Room
Jumpstart your career with our client in Spartanburg, SC and expand your professional portfolio. As the Assistant Product Manager, you will assist the Global Product Manager in managing a portfolio of products, positioning it for success in the market through the addition of new products and removal of unsuitable products, and managing the life cycle of the products in the portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Or 3 – 5 years of related experience and/or training
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
Manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience managing a portfolio of products, positioning it for success in the market through the addition of new products and removal of unsuitable products, and managing the life cycle of the products in the portfolio
- Basic knowledge or ability to learn critical regulatory requirements
- (i.e., EPA, FDA, REACH, GHS, ISO)
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Overnight travel 10-20%
Product Life Cycle Management:
- Works with Business Managers to review new product development requests and assists in vetting these opportunities before a development request is entered
- Continuously reviews product portfolio to keep products up-to-date and works with Sales and Operations to remove obsolete products both physically and systemically
- Works with Marketing to prepare marketing literature to support both existing products and new product launches
- Gains an understanding of the Manufacturing process and costing system. Learns the cost estimation process, necessary for process improvements and new products
Sales Team Support:
- Provides product line related information to the Territory Managers, Sales Reps and Tech Service Reps and their customers when requested
- Updates pricing and works with Business Managers to communicate updated pricing and commercial terms
- Keeps product line information up-to-date and easily assessable to the Sales team
- As products are introduced or obsoleted, price sheets are maintained and the appropriate groups are informed of what products are "available for sale"
- (Customer Service, Sales, Supply Chain, Samples, Marketing)
- Identifies holes in our product line vs. the competition and identifies the tools that need to be developed to improve our position
- Takes the lead role on Product Add Forms with key distributors
- Works with Marketing to coordinate annual marketing plans and programs with key distributors
- Provides product line related information to Distributor Category Managers and Sales Reps when requested
- Assists with coordination and participates in product training for key distributors
- Provides up-to-date TDS and SDS documents for active products
Content and Communications:
- Develops content for sales tools and marketing programs
- Regularly updates the sales team and others when there are changes that need to be understood
- Works with R&D to maintain the information needed to support the product line
- Works with R&D and Quality to conduct benchmarking of competitors (product offering, features/benefits, etc.) and does strengths/weaknesses assessments (SWOT analysis)
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply