Milliken Lab Technician - Colorants
Job TitleMilliken Lab Technician - Colorants
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Lab Technician - Colorants
Jumpstart your career with Milliken in Spartanburg, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Lab Technician - Colorants, you will provide technical support for development of new products and applications as well as support of current products.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Great Hours
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some flex time
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science or related technical field
- Helpful to have 3 years or more experience; chemical formulation or synthesis, in a chemical laboratory setting, safely handling and mixing chemicals, documenting experiments, and operating scientific equipment
- Proficient in use of scientific method, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Ability to follow instructions as well as to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Perform chemical formulation and optimization
- Work with chemical processing machinery in a lab environment
- Test different formulations to determine performance; understand how to optimize formulation to maximize value
- Develop pigment dispersions and other powder dispersions
- Develop experimental lab test methods that simulate and predict actual field performance
- Understand cause and effect in experimental design
- Maintain clean and safe work environments
- Work effectively with members of a team to achieve project targets and deadlines
- Participate fully in the safety process
- Organize and effectively communicate results and new ideas (presentations, tables, charts)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
ADA: The client will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply