Volvo Car - Maintenance PLC Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Maintenance PLC Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Volvo Car in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Maintenance PLC Engineer, you will be responsible for the execution of PLC maintenance functions (driver) and technical management of maintenance in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according to the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance, from a technical perspective, taking into account the long-term developments and needs for the different maintenance departments.
- Health Benefits
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Equivalent experience also accepted
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance practices/processes
- Working knowledge to include, but not limited to, Siemens PLC & VFD and, SEW Eurdrives
- Strong knowledge in managing small projects
- 5S/Lean experience
- Automotive experience (preferred)
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions
- Business and Performance driven
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improve processes and solve problems
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a positive mindset
- Able to effectively collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses or divisions
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Ability to work cooperatively in teams and to independently drive and complete tasks
- Strong ability to lead, motivate, engage and influence others
- Talent in planning and leading own and other’s efforts
- Ability to utilize a PC to communicate, track trends and retrieve relevant information
- Participate in the execution of PLC maintenance functions and maintenance technical management in order to optimize the availability and cost control of the production assets, according to the VCMS principle of Value Driven Maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC, and Control Circuits, VFDs, and Motors/Wiring configurations. Electrical Schematics and Preventive / Predictive maintenance
- Develop, maintain and improve PLC standards within the Maintenance Department to remove variability and thus create stability for the team, providing greater opportunity to achieve targets
- Consistently use the visualization standards in order to provide transparency on performance and challenges in the area
- Work proactively with cross-functional teams in order to understand the impact on the production flow, continually focusing on reducing bottlenecks, minimizing losses in order to maintain a high level of stability, flow and as a result cost control
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to supervisors/technicians and operator maintenance on issues related to PLCs
- Coach the Maintenance Technician Specialists
- Dedicated, systematic and planned work, with the required flexibility
- Provide complete, clear and concise reporting regarding activities, requested actions and problems
- Apply maintenance (floor) experience upfront in the manufacturing development process, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new equipment
- Define and update the maintenance program (preventive and corrective)
- Problem solve in an analytical and structured way: i.e. 6 sigma, DMAIC methodology or Reliability Centered Maintenance methodology
- Define, organize and administer dedicated trainings, to assure effective and efficient execution of their tasks
- Collect, update and optimize a clear, complete and user-friendly specific documentation (inclusive visual factory)
- Setup of Bill of Material, spare parts list, and maintenance program, troubleshooting instructions
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply