Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleSourcing Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Cottondale, FL, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of fiber purchases as well as management of wood inventory for the mid-Atlantic facilities. The primary focus of this position is to manage all fiber supplier-related activities of the purchasing function for the assigned site and to serve as the purchasing representative supporting local management.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity for advancement
- This is a Direct Hire opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Business or a related field
- 5 years of experience in Sourcing, Purchasing or Supply Chain experience supporting an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in wood/fiber procurement and/or background in forestry/natural resources (preferred)
- APICS or CPM Certification (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Lead and develop the local purchasing team, and create & implement site KPIs aligned with corporate KPIs
- Oversee and manage the continuous supply of high quality raw material for plant operations
- Collaborate with local Pellet Mill Manager, company staff and central Sourcing to identify and implement solutions to enhance quality and plant cost and ensuring accountability of locally purchased fiber-related SQDC and metrics while meeting SQDC objects
- Identify, develop and maintain strong supplier relationships; facilitate supplier cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, and long-term contract establishment with focus on continued quality, delivery and productivity improvements that lead to better service and cost reductions
- Acquire and maintain a solid and current knowledge of regional/local fiber basket category & spend trends, including new opportunities, industry trends, commodity-related cost drivers (i.e. diesel fuel), market pricing, etc.
- Oversee and monitor site wood costs, quality, and controls to achieve budget objectives
- Promote and ensure compliance with all corporate and environmental policies, including SFI and FSC standards
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, and resolve invoice discrepancies as necessary to ensure a smooth payment process with suppliers
- Lead and foster a data-driven approach to develop and sustain a low cost/high margin fiber supply strategy
- Serve as the principle owner responsible for driving/implementing purchasing process improvements to support business goals with emphasis on supplier management, supplier improvement, cost-out, inventory management, and continuity of supply to support the plant production strategies in order to maximize the plant’s operating margin
- Work with site operations and controller to ensure the success of all business initiatives
- Supervise day-to-day wood receipts to ensure supplier compliance with all safety, integrity and environmental policies including adherence to Sustainable Forestry Initiatives (SFI) and other sustainability criteria
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply