Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleImport Specialist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with MAU in Newnan, GA, and expand your professional portfolio. You will be responsible for import and export compliance (with a strong focus on import), supply chain security (incl. C-TPAT) and transportation.
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Competitive pay
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in import/export and/or transportation
- Customs brokerage license (preferred)
- Other professional certifications (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of brokerage, i.e. through interfacing with other handling customs brokerage
- Technical understanding of electronic controls and components and electromechanical parts (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Knowledge of German or Spanish language (preferred)
- Strong math skills
- Proficient computer skills, including advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience (preferred)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Review, continuously improve and execute processes pertaining to import compliance, export compliance and coordinating with other government agencies involved with import and export shipments, as needed
- Import classification determination and entry filing audits. Manage customs brokers used by the client
- Manage NAFTA and other certifications from suppliers and review and issue certification for locally produced parts
- Handling of inter-company invoices for services in regard to their dutiability
- Establish processes required to increase compliance with import and export regulation
- Execute all functions pertaining to E.G.O.’s C-TPAT program and other supply chain security issues
- Maintain data required for the program including maps of cargo flow, approved business partners etc.
- Audit or coordinate audits internally and, if needed, externally
- Train Shipping and Receiving personnel as well as other departments (Logistics, Customer Service, Service etc.) on supply chain issues
- Define interfaces with freight forwarders, steamship lines and other service providers. Assist in the selection process of such suppliers.
- Monitor transportation service providers’ performance. Resolve transportation-related problems.
- Review invoices for freight and brokerage services
- Review and update shipping notifications to provide updates to all interested departments
- Monitor and enforce proper use of freight forwarders, correct and complete shipment documentation and record retention
- File freight claims with insurance providers
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply