Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleSourcing Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Enviva in Raleigh, NC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of fiber purchases as well as management of wood inventory for the mid-Atlantic facilities. The primary focus of this position is to manage all fiber supplier-related activities of the purchasing function for the assigned site and to serve as the purchasing representative supporting local management.
Since 2004, Enviva has been developing a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Now, Enviva is the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. With seven operating plants in the southeastern United States, Enviva produces over 3 million metric tons of wood pellets annually that are used in power plants in the United Kingdom and Europe that once were fueled by coal. By switching to Enviva’s wood pellets, these power plants have reduced their lifetime carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
Enviva makes their wood pellets through sustainable practices that protects Southern forests and by employing over around 700 people in the rural South. Enviva’s goal is to help lower emissions, sustain healthy forests and strong communities.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
- Relocation Assistance
- Opportunity for advancement
- This is a Direct Hire opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Business or a related field
- 10 – 15 years minimum experience in forestry, wood procurement or forest production operations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must be analytical and data-driven
- Oversee and manage the teams’ continuous supply of high quality raw material for plant operations
- Collaborate with the team of managers to identify and implement solutions to optimize product quality and cost of supply across the 5 operating plants
- Oversee the team’s costs, quality and controls in order to achieve budget objectives
- Promote and comply with all corporate and environmental policies including SFI and FSC standards
- Oversee process improvements, cost reductions and product enhancements initiatives
- Lead and foster a data-driven approach to develop and sustain a low cost/high margin fiber supply strategy
- Ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) objectives are met
- Serve as the principle owner responsible for driving/implementing purchasing process improvements to support business goals with emphasis on supplier management, supplier improvement, cost-out, inventory management, and continuity of supply to support the plant production strategies in order to maximize the plant’s operating margin
- Work hand-in-hand with site operations and the site controller to ensure the success of all business initiatives
- Supervise day-to-day wood receipts to ensure supplier compliance with all safety, integrity and environmental policies including adherence to Sustainable Forestry Initiatives (SFI) and other sustainability criteria
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply