Logistics Engineer - Material Flow Center First Line Manager
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleLogistics Engineer - Material Flow Center First Line Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Robert Bosch, LLC - Logistics Engineer- Material Flow Center First Line Manager
Jumpstart your career with Robert Bosch in Charleston, SC and expand your professional portfolio. The Logistics Engineer- Material Flow Center First Line Manager responsible for managing material flow center operations including component and finished goods receiving, shipping, plant material delivery systems. This position will also lead material team in the execution of a lean production system using appropriate logistics concepts to meet / exceed operational, productivity, and 5S targets.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health insurance coverage, including dental and vision
- Relocation Assistance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics Engineer or related technical field
- 3+ years of previous experience strongly desired
- Prior Logistics/Materials/Packaging experience
- Previous experience with self -managed teams highly desired
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to lead groups and delegate tasks
- Must be flexible (welcome and adaptable to change), including working hours
- Follow-up effectively to insure successful implementation
- Demonstrate discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures
- Lead work team of hourly MFC associates to ensure departmental goals and objectives are achieved
- Improve logistics and throughput time wherever possible
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles (Bosch Production System) to improve material flow
- Reduce costs by eliminating waste related to the logistics operations
- Demonstrate statistical / analytical capabilities
- Monitor adherence to warehouse work standards for all cyclical and non-cyclical work
- Liaison between logistics operation and logistics engineering, MFO, QMM, & LOP planning groups
- Provide logistics support on cross-functional teams
- Establish guidelines, functional specifications, standardization and document approval following IATF guidelines where applicable
- Evaluate and recommend cost reduction alternatives
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are "Invented for Life."
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Low country and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Low country through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Low country.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
• FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
• AWIM (A World in Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
**In order to be considered for this position, please apply directly to the Bosch website using the following link - https://www.bosch.us/careers/. Select the "Find jobs" button and then sort positions by Location to view the Bosch positions posted for Charleston, SC. If you prefer, you may send your resume directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply