Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleMaterials Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career with Magna in Moore, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Material Supervisor, you will work with the Logistics department to establish sound and efficient material handling processes both systematically and physically. You will also identify, establish, and maintain appropriate inventory levels. This person will contact suppliers and initiate corrective actions as required. Participation in continuous improvement processes and champion programs to improve cost, and delivery are also required. After hours and weekend work may be required.
- Plan, coordinate and notify department employees of their daily tasks.
- Develop and maintain a team oriented atmosphere at all times.
- Oversee PCN process as it pertains to Materials functions.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of Materials Department systems are maintained through all changes. This includes monitoring the MRP system planning data with respect to "build outs", including standard packs, safety stock, lead time and raw/fab authorizations.
- Administer Supplier Delivery Performance system;
- Summarize and report all delivery issues weekly and/or monthly. Ensure compliance with supplier expectations manual.
- Administer Inventory Cycle count program.
- Lead root cause investigation into inaccurate inventory situations identified through the cycle count process.
- Administer Premium Freight tracking, and recovery chargeback process.
- DNCR preparation, including follow-up with Suppliers and carriers.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the Annual Physical Inventory.
- Assist with the preparation of Obsolescence claims when required.
- Develops all production schedules respective to job.
- Maintains production schedules and coordinates all necessary processes with corresponding departments.
- Monitors supplier delivery schedules to ensure material coverage in support of production schedules.
- All other duties as assigned
Health & Safety
- Minimum of five (5) years of materials/logistics management experience in a high volume automotive assembly or manufacturing environment.
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project and time management ability.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/Project.
- Good knowledge of QS-9001 and TS16949
- Willing and able to travel abroad for pre-production build management as required.
- Good understanding of production inventory control techniques and principles. Knowledge and experience with a formal manufacturing control system and Just-In-Time (JIT) concepts, principles, and techniques strongly preferred.
- Results Orientated. Has a strong bias for action. Follows up quickly and consistently to brings issues to closure.
- Team approach to problem solving
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven project and time management ability
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply