LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleLogistics Planner
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Logistics Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating the requirements for purchased products as generated by MRP or related scheduling source and ensuring the supply base delivers on schedule using required methods.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials or Manufacturing Management (preferred)
- 2+ years of planning or purchasing experience (preferred)
- Experience using an Integrated Manufacturing Control System
- Skilled in purchasing, negotiating, process improvement, knowledge and experience within the purchasing/planning function of Logistics to include shipping, receiving, inventory control and MRP II systems pertinent to automotive industry
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong problem solving/analysis skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ensure availability of products to meet production schedule demands while ensuring proper freight allocation and minimizing expedited shipments
- Perform "Part Number by Part Number" analysis and develop supply plan, create supplier schedules and follow up on supplier deliveries
- Manage and improve supply base as required
- Measure and communicate supplier performance, establish and implement corrective action and negotiate a balanced resolution that meets customers’ needs
- Manage MRP and Inventory Targets
- Conduct material excess and obsolescence analysis and disposition the materials accordingly
- Achieve inventory targets using formal, established ordering policies and procedures
- Follow all documented procedures and maintain vendor/documentation files as required
- Assist in monitoring supplier agreements
- Support supplier quality surveys and cost reduction activities to meet established goals
- Update of Item Master as needed
- Interface with Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Actively participate in continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply