Production Logistics Supervisor
LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleProduction Logistics Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
This person will supervise the activities of a team and oversee requirements for purchased products as generated by MRP or related scheduling source. They will manage their associates to ensure the supply base delivers on schedule using required methods. Areas of management include: suppliers, manufacturing, freight, inventory management, packaging/launch and FTZ.
- Responsible for all supply chain element to include supplier planning, inventory accuracy, and transportation
- Direct the forecasting of materials within a long supply chain
- Ensure manufacturing planning balances customer, plant and supplier agreements
- Measure and communicate supplier performance, establish and implement corrective action and negotiate a balanced resolution that meets customers’ needs and internal targets
- Generate and process purchase order releases as required
- Conduct material excess and obsolescence analysis and disposition the materials accordingly
- Drive inventory targets using formal, established ordering policies and procedures
- Monitor Planner activities as it pertains to the proper maintenance of vendor/documentation files
- Ensure FTZ compliance
- Oversee packaging and launch activities
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Materials and/or Manufacturing Management preferred
- Five years of planning or purchasing experience required; Automotive or Truck industry experience preferred but not required
- Proven capability to forecast materials within a long supply chain
- Experience using MRP Planning System and SAP preferred
- Possess ability to directly supervise personnel
- Skilled in purchasing, negotiating, process improvement, knowledge and experience within the purchasing/planning function of Logistics to include shipping, receiving, inventory control and MRP II systems pertinent to automotive industry.
- Experience in MS Office software required
- Strong written and oral communication skills for preparing and presenting reports.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to read and interpret metal rule.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee must possess the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities