Volvo Car - Outbound Logistics Specialists - Carrier Operations
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleVolvo Car - Outbound Logistics Specialists - Carrier Operations
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Volvo Cars - Outbound Logistics Specialist – Carrier Operations
Jumpstart your career with Volvo Cars in Ridgeville, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Outbound Logistics Specialist – Carrier Operations, you will be responsible for the management of outbound finished vehicle logistics processes, including the management of carrier performance, trend analysis and the execution of process improvements.
- Knowledge of the routines and working methods within Outbound Logistics for finished vehicle distribution.
- Operational knowledge of carrier operations within finished vehicle distribution, such as experience working for an OEM, car haul or rail company
- Must have a good working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong data mining experience
- Comfortable making data driven decisions, and conveying ideas in group settings
- Knowledge of the following IT systems are plus:
- TMS, Transport Management System (Kewill/IBM iHub)
- Atacq, Yard system
- CIS/Vista, Sales Order systems
- SAP for SRM orders
- Volvo internal systems like Cocpit, MSS Dashboard, Hercules/MPS
- Drive Carrier performance to ensure timely delivery of finished vehicles
- Manage load tendering to contracted 3rd party carhaul carriers
- Ensure rail equipment is secured, loaded and arrives timely to destination
- Develop and provide volume forecasts to assigned carrier base’
- Ensure load lines are fluid to monthly wholesale objective is obtained
- Manage Out of Area moves
- Keep overall KPI dashboard on all Carriers up to date
- Facilitate business review meetings with Carriers, jointly with Outbound/IDP
- Own Carrier's action improvement lists and drive improvement
- Take active part in implementation of new carriers
- Act as interface and point of escalation between Carriers, Volvo Cars and other stakeholders
- Act as point of contact to Sales organization for delivery issues and questions
- Act as backup and support for the other roles in the Outbound team
- Escalate non-performing Carriers to IDP when needed
- Manage freight costs, process payments and advise of any discrepancies/adjustments
- Fulfill Transport Development targets for:
- Delivery precision
- Dwell time, lead time and frequency
- EDI compliance, status reporting
- Cost Reductions
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply