Volvo Car - Plant Supply Chain Engineer
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleVolvo Car - Plant Supply Chain Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Plant Supply Chain Engineer
Expand your professional portfolio as a Plant Supply Chain Engineer with MAU at Volvo in Charleston, SC. The Plant Supply Chain Engineer will responsible for the preparation and implementation of In-Plant Supply Chain processes related to the introduction of new products and processes for the company as well as the maintenance and improvement of these implemented processes in line with their standards. The PSCE should support the introduction of new processes and the roll-out of Lean Materials.
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Direct hire opportunity
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Bachelor’s degree within supply chain/ logistics or relevant education or equal qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in logistics engineering and/or a related area
- Experience in Progressive lane flow – (P/Lane and S/Lane) (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of system and working routines within Supply Chain Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of warehousing system
- Strong customer focus and service mind-set with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Interest in IT systems and processes
- Proficiency in personal computing tools (MS Office, database applications)
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical with data and proactive mind-set
- Optimal introduction of New Products and Product Changes in view of the physical material flow including updating of related parameters in the involved material systems
- Optimal design of the transport flow interface between local suppliers/Logistic Providers and the plant
- Design of the optimal usage of the available surface within the plant in scope of the in plant Logistic flows, lay out management
- Drive the logistic equipment and tooling applied within the physical material flow
- Engineering of all off-line sequence activities performed within the plant
- Define all functionalities related to the IT systems applied within the In Plant Logistic process
- Set-up of external warehouses and sequence center’s in terms of the In-Plant Logistics interface
- Develop the internal material flows within the plant
- Provide OIS/WES according to QPS coaching standard for relevant operators
- Responsible for training programs
- Lead and/or participate in process problem analysis/optimization projects of existing processes connected to IPL and Internal Sequence racks
- Execute the maintenance program of internal and sequence racks
- Investigate process consequences in view of production speed/production volume-related changes
- Drive Manpower efficiency & Ratio plan including the balancing of all Material Handling operators
- Perform the necessary time studies on process improvements and changes
- Develop and maintain process of an optimal Industrial Vehicle Fleet management
- Roll-out VCMS principle within all IPL processes and drive VCMS MP&L pillar implementation / Lean Material implementation/ Self-Assessment
- Maintain and optimize In-Plant Logistics (IPL) processes in terms of QDFIPS aspects
- Support the plant in reaching man-hour targets on running models according to decided frames and working procedures
- Support development and introduction of new processes and packaging and drive repacking caused by deviating packaging from the Supplier
- Support the screening process of packaging in view of improvements
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply