Volvo Car - Sustainability Manager Procurement
Job CategoryProf-Supply Chain
Job TitleVolvo Car - Sustainability Manager Procurement
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Volvo in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Sustainability Manager Procurement, you will be responsible for supporting and coordinating Sustainability, Environmental and Social Responsibility, activities both internally and towards the supplier base with the purpose to develop and follow up performance.
- Health benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Equivalent work experience also accepted
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in environmental and social audits
- Experience with lead auditor, Environment (ISO 14001) and Social Responsibility (e.g. SA8000, SMETA, OHSAS18001)
- Experience in cross-functional and international work
- Experience in supplier management (preferred)
- Experience in leadership and/or project management (preferred)
- Understand the purchasing elements and optimize the business
- Strong negotiation skills while continuously looking for commercial opportunities
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Improve Sustainability, Environmental and Social Responsibility, competence in the Supply Chain, e.g. information/training to suppliers (Supplier Portal or Supplier Events)
- Support and coordinate preparations for Supply Chain Responsibility training
- Identify suppliers to be invited
- Coordinate the supplier invitation and registrations process
- Participate in training preparation and performance
- Support the Procurement organization in supplier assessment processes, e.g. supplier legal or other compliance questions, supplier evaluation tools, e.g. Supplier Evaluation Model (SEM), Supplier Sustainability Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) or Due Diligence screening analysis
- Plan, coordinate, conduct and follow up supplier sustainability assessments, 2nd or 3rd party sustainability audits and SAQs, in cooperation with Global Sustainability Team
- Identify supplier to be audited or to perform SAQ
- Prepare and follow up with Supplier Sustainability Audits and SAQs
- Coordinate audit notification process to suppliers
- Participate in review of audit reports from performed supplier audits and assessments
- Drive follow up of supplier Corrective Actions plan, verify implemented corrections actions and close supplier non-conformances
- Internal Process
- Be the contact person in Procurement Americas, to support the organization and coordinate Sustainability and Risk related tasks.
- Cooperate with the Global Sustainability and Risk Teams and region APAC, e.g exchange of Sustainability questions and information, take part in Global Sustainability meetings, preparation for decision and report out at applicable meeting forums, e.g. PMT, Sustainability Board
- Contribute in work process development, secure implementation and monitor compliance locally, e.g. implementation of work procedures and activities, tasks related to the Environmental Management System (ISO14001), including management information and site training
- Contribute in yearly recurrent Environmental and Social Responsibility related tasks, e.g. review of legal documents, Web-Guide, KPI’s, Volvo Cars Annual report, Sustainability surveys
- Conduct Sustainability Training within Procurement Americas, to increase competence level for Procurement employees
- Collaborate with internal or external stakeholder to promote a sustainable supply chain
- Participate and contribute in external networks, automotive and other industry, in order to benchmark and investigate potential synergies between companies
- Review and investigate supply chain risk and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders when needed
- Coordinate, support and contribute to continuously improve of the work related to the Environmental, Social Responsibility, and Risk Management areas within the Procurement Organization
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Volvo Car Charleston
Building the Future
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
For more information on Volvo Car and open positions at the Charleston, SC facility, please join the LinkedIn Group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12031300.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply