Job CategoryQuality Control
Job TitleQuality Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company that since 1973 has provided global staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions dedicated to making people’s lives better. World class companies across the globe utilize MAU’s customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for monitoring temperature of the thaw house and food safety quality assurance (FSQA) control during the thaw process. Responsible for allergen control, quarantine, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) processes during transfer of product to cold storage.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays (9)
- Paid Vacation
- Great work environment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Additional Supplemental benefit programs
- 401K, Salary Continuation, Educational Reimbursement Program and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Human resources experience and training (preferred)
- Experience with Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA) programs
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Training (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience of management in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Leading teams, hazard identification, spoken and written communications and presentation skills
- Lean Yellow Belt Certification (preferred)
- 5+ years of lean problem and waste elimination experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Serve as a point of contact with the customer’s senior management team
- Ensure that MAU is in compliance with site specific policies and regulations
- Ensure that consistent communications are maintained between MAU and customer staff
- Ensure that department specific metrics are meeting target and containment plans are developed and executed if necessary
- Help achieve daily customer shipping requirements while meeting production and quality standards in a food service industry
- Support and foster a safety culture that is engaged and focused on achieving "Zero Incidents"
- Support a safety culture so that the following can be accomplished:
- CIP of safety process and training documents
- Help with administration of OSHA Required Safety Programs
- Help develop training material, standard work, and other documents to help standardize processes and keep employees safe
- Live safety by identifying hazards, correcting harmful conditions, and improving MAU’s safety culture, particularly in your division and team
- Create and serve as the lead for quality programs including audits, tracking and report outs of company quality programs
- Maintain metrics on the performance of quality programs
- Ensure all quality standards are created and maintained
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Quality Technician job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply