Job CategoryQuality Control
Job TitleQuality Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Quality Technician with MAU in Conyers. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate’s Degree or higher education (preferred)
- Requires minimum 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience including heavy receiving and inventory experience
- Plastics and/ or Colorant experience (preferred)
- Prior quality experience (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment without supervision
- Must have ability to use hands and fingers to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.50 per hour
- Health benefits
- Great Hours (First Shift)
- Employee Recognition Award with a $250 prize
What You’ll Do As A Quality Technician:
- Follow all plant and company safety policies
- Perform plant walks identifying opportunities for improvement
- Verify in-process QC checks are being performed
- Perform part or product verification inspections as needed
- Work with line operators and plant supervision to resolve out-of-spec conditions
- Enforce and track plant nonconforming product control
- Prepare and test plastic samples per requirements
- Assist in quality training of plant personnel to quality work instructions and forms
- Maintain quality inspection records
- Ensure calibrated devices are verified in calibration; assist in their recalibration
- Perform incoming inspections as needed
- Assist in corrective/ preventive action investigations
- Collect trial data as directed as needed
- Enter data into typical electronic formats such as Excel/ Word/ SharePoint, etc.
- Maintain a safe and organized work space.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Quality Technician position.