Regional Sales Manager
Job TitleRegional Sales Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
An Atlanta based valve manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to cover an assigned territory of Atlanta, NY, MA and TX.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to grow the market share and develop a loyal customer base through direct selling and utilization of marketing tools to achieve sales forecast targets. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for growing and maintaining sales within an assigned region including recruiting, training, and development of channel partners within a specified region.
- Develop, market, and sell all product lines to all applicable accounts within in the applicable region. Those products include the sanitary, high-purity, industrial, and instrumentation lines.
- Utilize specialized distribution in conjunction with developing OEM accounts that offer profitable growth while minimizing conflict distribution.
- Oversee and audit distributor's work at end user level. Responsible for identifying, contacting, and developing new accounts. Once account is properly developed, responsible for smooth transition of account to distribution or direct status.
- Set up seminars at A&E firms by working with appropriate Product Managers to influence valve specifications and ensure is specified. Follow up with Product Manager and Sales Manager to coordinate the specification work, identifying decision makers, and forwarding information to counterparts in sales.
- Supply a project update list for your region as requested by Project Manager.
- Submit a travel itinerary within one to two weeks prior to traveling.
- Submit trip reports in timeframe determined by National Sales Manager.
- Perform all related sales tasks as directed by your manager as they appear.
- Manage and coordinate outside sales within defined regional territory.
- Forecast requirements, prepare an annual budget, develop and increase sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain aspects of the marketing plan.
- Analyze market trends.
- Develop and manage distributors.
- Assist with coordination of trade shows and attend trade shows as requested.
- Analyze bid requests and specifications for major contracts/projects.
- Follow up on quotations. Provide feedback to Inside Sales Manager.
- Manage OEMs, end users, engineering/contracting firms, and distributors in the region.
- Utilize sales tools provided.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or three to five years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Incumbent should be flexible as some early morning, evening, and weekend work may be required as determined by business need. Some international travel may be required.
- Internet and E-Mail Proficiency.
- Understanding of Microsoft office.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, & customer service skills.
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of the employee in achieving them.
- Read, write, and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions. (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility.
- Move objects up to 100 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with a meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform essential job functions.
- Maintain the integrity of the ISO standard at all times.
- Competitive benefit package for qualified employees, including Paid Time-off and Holidays
- Various types of insurance(s), following sixty (60) day introductory period
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities