Sales Technical Support Representative
Job TitleSales Technical Support Representative
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Sales Technical Support Representative (STSR)
Start your new career as a Sales Technical Support Representative with MAU. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Ability to work some overtime as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay range, based on experience
- Health benefits
- Great hours (Monday – Friday, First Shift 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- No weekends
- No rotating shifts
- Opportunity for advancement
- This is a direct hire position
What You’ll Do As A Sales Technical Support Representative:
- Field technical support
- Respond to periodic inquiries from dealer or HCMA sales personnel for specific sales technical information
- Performance standard: Provide accurate and complete sales technical information in a timely manner
- Field contact
- Spend time visiting dealers
- Travel with dealer salesmen on routine sales call
- Discuss with dealer sales management market information and resources provided by HCMA
- Conduct competitive analyses as neede
- Provide initial training and orientation as needed
- Performance standard: Appropriate planning and preparation to insure productive travel effort, coverage of maximum number of dealers, establish positive relationship and credibility with dealers
- Retail reporting
- Assist in sales blitz activities as assigned by supervisor
- Performance standard: aggressive interaction with dealer sales personnel in blitz activities
- Coordinating the development of sales technical data
- Coordinate the development of all sales technical data for use in sales literature, training materials or other sales use.
- Performance Standard: Development of accurate information in a timely manner.
- Competitive information management
- Maintain accurate competitive specifications for use in competitive comparisons available for sales use. This data will be analyzed and presented in a usable format to promote sales
- Performance Standard: Maintenance of accurate competitive information and presentation in a timely manner
- Web file maintenance
- Maintain all Sales Technical information on the company website. This includes competitive information, used equipment information or other sales information as required
- Performance Standard: Maintain accurate website information in a timely manner
- Used equipment management
- Promote, advertise and otherwise stimulate the sale of any used equipment owned by HCMA
- Develop a list of used equipment brokers, auction companies or other channels of used equipment valuation to assist dealers in marketing their own used loaders
- Develop a database of used equipment values based on auction results, dealer arms-length sales and other sources to establish a base to estimate used machine value
- Serve as a clearinghouse for dealer used equipment information via the website and facilitate supply and demand of used machines between dealers
- Performance Standard: Aggressive promotion of used equipment owned by HCMA. Establishment of comprehensive network to facilitate dealer sale of used equipment
- Sales training material development
- Develop all sales training materials for use by HCMA personnel in training dealer sales people.
- Performance Standard: Well designed, accurate sales training materials developed in a timely manner.
- Competitive evaluations
- Assist the Engineering Manager in conducting field studies of competitive machines to determine Kawasaki selling strengths and weaknesses
- Present this information in a Competitive Analysis format for use by the dealer and HCMA sales personnel
- Performance Standard: Development of relevant and comprehensive competitive information and presentation in a format that allows for easy comprehension by sales personnel and prospects
- Assist in forecasting as requested
- Performance Standard: Provide accurate and timely forecasting assistance
- Pricing assistance
- Assist in pricing reviews and processing as requested
- Performance Standard: Provide accurate and timely pricing assistance.
- Machine control assistance
- Assist in the Machine Control Administrator in reviewing sales orders for technical content and will be a backup to the Machine Control Administrator if absent
- Performance Standard: Provide accurate and timely assistance for Machine Control
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Sales Technical Support Representative position.