Job TitleSenior Buyer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
he Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of raw materials, equipment and/or services to support the manufacturing organization. This position will actively manage the supplier base, identify and resolve resource constraints, and will take appropriate actions in order to achieve established schedule and customer commitments. The Buyer will support the effort in creating a culture of continuous improvement that facilitates effective problem solving, process and product improvement.
- Negotiates, processes and monitors standard and nonstandard purchase orders to achieve negotiated savings requirements, minimize unfavorable purchase price variance (PPV), assure on-time delivery and achieve effective inventory management.
- Communicates daily, weekly and forecasted requirements with suppliers. Obtains supplier delivery commitments and reconcile open order requirements.
- Expedites delinquent orders and notifies the appropriate department of any delays. Analyzes and reports metrics and trends on supplier performance, quality, price variances (PPV) for buying and procurement activities.
- Uses the master production schedule, KANBAN and product structure file for the MRP process to plan and execute purchase orders.
- Obtains and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for raw materials, supplies, equipment, and services necessary for the operation of the organization.
- Maintains the Supplier and Item Master record in the ERP system (pricing, lead-times and MOQ).
- Interfaces with other departments such as Production, Planning, Customer Service, Sales, Product Management, Research and Development, Accounting and Quality in an effort to meet the customer wanted dates identified by the product schedule.
- Proactively manages finished goods and raw material inventory levels for assigned areas at or below given target value.
- Leads continuous improvement and cost reduction projects for the assigned areas of responsibility including negotiating with suppliers to reduce overall purchase / inventory / shipping costs including but not limited to purchase price, delivery schedules, optimized transportation schedules, minimum / multiple order quantities, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or 8+ years' experience
- Knowledge of Kanban, Lean, supplier negotiation, Excel
- Health insurance coverage including, dental, vision
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive pay based on experience
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities