Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Welder with MAU at Jankel in Greenville. Join the team that specializes in protection systems. While working at Jankel, you will help produce armored vehicles, light tactical vehicles, counter terrorism vehicles and equipment, and customized occupant survivability solutions for military, security, government, aid agencies and NGOs throughout the world.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have 1-2 years of welding/manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Trade school certifications in GMAW, GTAW, or SMAW.
- Basic knowledge of welding equipment, theory, safety, and quality processes.
- Previous experience of print reading, weld symbols, calibrating equipment.
- Ability to read and understand Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
What We Offer:
- Pay range $16-$17 per hour, based on experience
- Health benefits
- Great Schedule, First Shift (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM)
- No weekends
- No rotating shifts
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Report to the Welding Lead, CWI for all aspects of production assembly/disassembly for those programs assigned in order to achieve timely, appropriate and profitable production operations coherent with the JTS Business Plan
- Ability to use/ read tape measure, tri-square, scale rules, and all basic and power tools in a safe manner
- Must pass a 1G FCAW test.
- Fabrication ability to do a fit up of a test.
- Execute the daily production required to meet the customers schedule and deliveries, and complete all related documentation with a high level of quality
- Maintain a high level of workplace organization and keeping a daily focus on housekeeping
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Welder position.