LocationGoose Creek, SC
Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Mechanic Technician with MAU at Pegasus Steel. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5 years of mechanical experience
- Excellent team orientation
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $17 per hour (increases to $20 per hour after full-time placement, increases again to $22 per hour after successful probationary period)
- Health benefits
- Great hours (First Shift)
- Opportunity for advancement (90-day Temp-to-Hire)
What You’ll Do As A Mechanic Technician:
- Prepare any assigned machinery for daily usage per assignment received
- Install and disassembles all assigned major and minor components and sub-assemblies per work instructions or management directives
- Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting tasks for all vehicle systems errors in workmanship, defect in parts, materials, and assembly procedures
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of team members; understand how machine works and how to operate it safely; knowledge of emergency stops; and utilization of personal protective equipment
- Continuously improve job performance through training
- Log in and out of ERP system tracking time to record production and scrap
- Work in team setting to meet objectives of department
- Perform routine cleaning of equipment and general housekeeping at and around workstation
- Inform management of any defected or scrap components through the proper channels
- Perform preventative maintenance when instructed
- May assist in the training and supervision of the Assembler Technicians and new Mechanics
- Performs other related duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Mechanic Technician position.