Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Welder with MAU at Commercial Metals Company (CMC) in Taylors, SC. Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is a Fortune 500 enterprise whose vertical integration model revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today. CMC is a global metals recycling, manufacturing, fabricating, and trading steel company.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 or more years of related experience including layout or welding.
- Ability to read and interpret Structural fabrication drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the associated technical disciplines, including welding, machine operation, material identification, etc.
- Understanding of how to interpret data to come to conclusions when all of the information is not available.
What We Offer:
- $14 - $15 per hour depending on experience.
- Monday – Friday First (6:00am – 4:30 pm) or Second Shift (4:30pm - 3:00am)
What You’ll Do As A Welder:
- Fabricate and assemble steel materials into finished assemblies per structural steel detail drawings.
- Operate a cutting torch, hand grinder, drills and power tools.
- Layout structural steel according to the drawing using information such as work points, linear dimensions, angular dimensions, and three-dimensional conceptualization.
- Prepare materials for fitting and welding, including beveling edges of steel for full penetration welds.
- Cut, drill, grind, bevel, and otherwise modify materials to conform to specifications and dimension provided on fabrication drawings.
- Prioritize tasks required appropriately in order to ensure that all welds are accessible and all pieces fit properly.
- Create templates, fixtures, and jigs in order to safely and accurately assemble the pieces into the finished product.
- Other Duties as assigned by manager.
Walk-in interviews accepted on Mondays from 9 am to 11 am and 2 pm to 4 pm
Interview at our Greenville office: 2824 Old Woodruff Rd., Greer, SC 29651
For immediate consideration, please email resume toAndrea.Hall@mau.com
*After applying you will be redirected to schedule your own interview. Acceptance or denial of your scheduled interview will be communicated via e-mail. All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening. Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Welder Position. AA/EOE/Vet/Disabled
*After applying you will be redirected to schedule your own interview. Acceptance or denial of your scheduled interview will be communicated via e-mail.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Welder Position.