LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job CategorySkilled Trades
Job TitlePumps Mechanic
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Pumps Mechanic with MAU at Mount Pleasant Waterworks. As the Pumps Mechanic, you will perform a variety of inspection, repair and maintenance tasks for the wastewater system to include sewer lines, pump station, valves, connections, and related equipment.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or technical training(preferred)
- Valid Drivers License
- 1+ years of experience
- Excellent team orientation
- Ability to work weekends and overtime
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16 - $25 per hour
- Health benefits
- Reward Programs
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Pumps Mechanic:
- Perform a variety of inspection, repair and maintenance tasks for the wastewater system to include sewer lines, pump station, valves, connections, and related equipment
- Operate and troubleshoot pump stations
- Perform mechanical pump station equipment and vehicles
- Perform mechanical maintenance at the treatment plant
- Prepare, review, and evaluate a variety of logs, charts, maps, and manuals
- Prepare door hangers for commercial and residential customers
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Pumps Mechanic position.