Logistics Structure and Materials Flow Planning Specialist
Job TitleLogistics Structure and Materials Flow Planning Specialist
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Jumpstart your career with MAU in Greer, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Logistics Structure and Materials Flow Planning Specialist, you will plan the logistics structures in the plant and the warehouses.
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with focus in Logistics or Supply Chain planning, or the equivalent of 4 years’ experience in the related area in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of related experience to include 2 of the following areas: material control, warehouse/plant operations, or warehouse/plant layout
- Experience must include 1 years of supervisory/project leadership
- 1-3 years’ experience analytical skills and extensive data analysis experience
- 1-3 years’ experience using MS Office applications, Visio, and MTM (time studies) (preferred)
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Manages strategic planning and reporting
- Performs layout planning for the warehouse, connected logistics elements and future plant expansion
- Performs Logistics Process Planning, Long Term Investment Planning (LIP) and analysis on space requirements for LUP (Long Term Enterprise Planning)
- Works independently in leading logistics projects
- Investigates, improves, and stabilizes overall logistics processes in support of company targets
- Calculates Days of Supply simulations for Logistics Structure Requirements and recommends changes based upon supplier locations. Verifies and analyzes structural data including movement of trailers and product.
- Analyzes cost of storing inventory
- Drives process improvements for optimized warehouse strategy. Develops methods/methodologies to support the planning process. Writes decision papers to support process of structural investment in logistics.
- Works with Facilities & Energy for designing layout (2D) and structure (3D) of logistics areas
- Performs financial analysis of contracts with logistics services vendor and interacts with them on structure and layout issues
- Supports and update logistics planning tool LPP doing time analyses using MTM or time study data
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply