Job TitleShift Supervisor
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Shift Supervisor with MAU at Freudenberg NOK. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have at least 4 years of manufacturing experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a lead role
- Must have forklift certification
- Must be able to work second shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM)
- Ability to work overtime
- Must be able to stand/walk up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, squat and kneel
- Strong team leadership skills and team orientation
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must have working knowledge of quality systems and production planning
- Proficient organizational skills
- Must be flexible in willingness to try new ideas and concepts
- Strong understanding of basic math skills
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of mid $50K per year
- Health benefits
- No rotating shift
What You’ll Do As A Shift Supervisor:
- Safety and Personnel Training/Monitoring
- Enforce and implement safety rules plus administer disciplinary actions as required
- Understands and implements the health and safety policy and integrates health and safety considerations into daily work activities.
- Fills out safety reports.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices, ensuring employees are in compliance and correcting employee behavior if not in compliance.
- Promote and maintain good morale by keeping employees informed, and by listening and acting on their concerns.
- Stop work activity if unable to maintain a safe work environment.
- Involved with the Business Unit Manager in personnel decisions: hiring, training, promoting, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, identifying underperformers as well as exceptional performers, and terminating of all employees according to FNST policies and procedures.
- Instruct new employees; observe and evaluate job performance of subordinates to provide feedback, if applicable; develop/utilize tools to promote programs to improve productivity, safety, profitability, etc.
- Train and develop the area machine operators and support personnel on manufacturing goals and procedures.
- Assure training of operators to develop operator skills and to assure efficient performance of their job.
- Collaborates with the Business Unit Manager for any employee concerns.
- Disciplines personnel in case of deviations to safety and working standards.
- Exchange information with each shift supervisors before and after the shift, whether verbally or via a communications book.
- Communicate with engineers, quality, maintenance and other BU associates that support production.
- Supervisors are the contact for emergency situations and are to manage building evacuations.
- Managing of Daily Production, Quality & Scheduling
- Managing Resources accordingly to meet customer needs and fulfill production plan.
- Ensure production of quality parts while striving for 100% on time delivery on a daily basis.
- Full understanding and ownership of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine where to: improve productivity, reduce scrap, and reduce material waste in an organized and efficient manner.
- Assure daily tracking and monitoring of all down time, including equipment breakdowns, tooling changes, mold cleanings, etc.
- Maintains material and consumables inventory control in respective area(s).
- May perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Confirm that quality routine checks are completed.
- Check personnel resources at each production process and manage operators accordingly to maintain good Min and Max WIP levels.
- Check production scheduling board and plan resources accordingly.
- Track and Achieve machine attainment targets, operator efficiency targets and control PDCA loop on LPMS 1 and LPMS 2.
- Escalate problems to Business Unit Manager.
- Assure timely responses to Andons.
- Submits work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Checks and maintains 5S in BU.
- Continuous Improvement
- Assists the Business Unit Manager with the promotion and support of the Corporate GROWTTH Program.
- Assists the Business Unit Manager in assuring continuous improvement, increased production efficiencies, scrap reduction, etc. through the implementation of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Assists the Business Unit Manager in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles, and participate in the ongoing, continuous improvement of methods, systems and procedures.
- Full understanding of 5S principles, and the ability to implement and promote 5Ss for a clean, safe and organized working environment.
- Perform 5S audits of assigned model cells as well as other model cells as requested.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Shift Supervisor position.