Employment TypeContract Associate
MAU in Anderson is currently hiring a Technician for Pendleton, SC. You must be able to rotate shifts. Pay depends on experience. Please submit a resume to be considered for the position. Thanks!
The Control Equipment Technician supports the production departments by performing general and preventive maintenance on the electrical and mechanical systems of the location’s manufacturing, material handling, and HVAC equipment. The Engineering Services Team works on a rotating 8-hour shift.
- Troubleshooting equipment
- Calibrating plant equipment
- Servicing electrical systems and sensors.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions
- Repair equipment malfunctions
- Disconnect electrical equipment wiring connections
- Perform spare parts inventory
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance
- Obtain/complete maintenance work orders
- Respond to emergencies identified by the shop and plant alarm system and/or plant supervisor.
- Use of a computer for word processing / email / spreadsheet data entry
- Anything else as instructed by management
Must be willing and able to work a regular forty hour week with as much as 55 hours as needed. Must be able to rotate shifts and work weekends. Must be able to move around job for entire shift. Good communication skills. Requires Mechanical and Electrical 2-year degree from accredited post-secondary school or a minimum of 24 months electro-mechanical experience. Also pass a drug screen, criminal background check, be able to stand for length of shift and be multi-tasked, have at least 6 months continuous work history with last employer. Must be self-directed and quick learner. Skills include knowledge of process equipment, electronics, electricity, computer logic, circuits, pneumatics, and mechanics, and computer skills including Microsoft Windows / Office. You will be required to provide references.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Ideal candidate will also be familiar with HVAC, PLC, and welding experience a plus.