Job TitleTextile Weaver
Employment TypeContract Associate
Machine Technician (Textile Weaver) at Milliken
Start your new career with MAU at Milliken, a state of the art textile manufacturing facility in Johnston, SC.
- Rapid pay progression with a starting range of $10.63-$16.29 per hour after training
- Optional benefits available including: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, accident, and critical illness
- Five paid holidays
- Opportunity to be hired on by Milliken after a minimum of 90-days
At MAU Workforce Solutions, we staff excellent, effective people for our client partners so we can succeed together. Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia, since 1973, MAU is a family-owned minority company making lives better for applicants, clients and employees through innovative workforce solutions.
Required Experience/Education: Must demonstrate stable work history for at least 1 year. High school diploma/GED preferred.
Qualifications: Must successfully complete criminal background check, drug screen, and on-site pulmonary function test prior to hire.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and setting up equipment for operatives, either manually or by programming settings
- Responding to sudden breakdowns during a production run
- Diagnosing problems quickly and fixing faults on site (where possible)
- Reassembling and testing machinery to ensure it is safe to go back into production
- Carrying out planned maintenance
- Cleaning, oiling, and greasing machinery
- Recording work in detail and informing shift managers of progress
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Experience using various tools
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including rotating shifts of 8-12 hours in duration
- Lift up to 50 pounds when performing job tasks
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.