Supply Chain Coordinator (CONTRACTOR)
LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job TitleSupply Chain Coordinator (CONTRACTOR)
Employment TypeContract Associate
Supply Chain Coordinator - Contractor
Start your new career as a Supply Chain Coordinator with MAU at Ingevity in North Charleston, SC. Ingevity is a special chemicals manufacturer and supplier specializing in pine oil chemicals, tall oil fatty acids and activated carbon products. You can help shipments for both domestic and international movements during this six-month contract with MAU at Ingevity.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance (preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of coordinator experience
- Strong understanding of LTL, costing, LTL and financial
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Transportation and/or Freight Bill Audit experience
- Experience working with Transportation Payment System
- Experience with rate validation
- Experience with reconcilliation, accruals, rate master, financial analysis and accounts receivable/payable
- Prompt, courteous, and professional mannerisms
- Ability to listen, work, and communicate well with others
- Ability to work a six-month contract that may be extended until the end of the year if performance is satisfactory
- Experience with TMS, SAP, MS Office Suite preferred
- Ability to work 1st shift, 8am-5pm, must be flexible to come in a bit early or stay a bit late when needed
- Must know how to work within excel and match it up
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $22.00 per hour
- Health benefits
- Potential opportunity for advancement
- Full time position
- Great work environment
What You Will Do As A Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Plan orders into shipments for both domestic and international movements
- Help validate if it's a good price or research to valideate
- Make sure that all load plans maximize the utilization factors specific to the mode planned and meet the customer’s order requirements.
- Complete all transactions, attached to the shipment execution function, to support the execution of material movements within the supply chain.
- Ensure that internal customer’s Service Level Agreements are met.
- Delivers standardized, streamlined operations with consistent high value services across all shipping facilities and transportation modes.
- Works with external customers and suppliers to ensure the supply chain is optimized and responsive.
- Monitor all aspects of the shipment execution process to improve efficiency.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to improve the effectiveness of the shipment execution function within the supply chain.
- Remain in close contact with customer service, scheduling, site management, production/inventory planning and vendor operations to coordinate the information and tasks necessary to meet the customer’s order shipping requirements.
- Uses Manhattan Associates TMS software and other systems to optimize shipment plans and carrier selection based on delivery requirements, order characteristics, and shipping capacity constraints of the operation.
- Works closely with Customer Service, Planning and Scheduling to understand expected volume, prioritize shipments, and determine opportunities to save money and balance workload through mode switching, expediting, and de-expediting.
- Handles inquiries from Customer Service and Sales, Distribution & Planning.
- Balances the objectives of each location with those of the corporation and has strong goal congruence to each location’s objectives through the management of SLA’s.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: Proceeding description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Contract Transport Management position.